From September 1 - 30, Foodland customers will be able to donate to non-profit organizations at checkout. Portions of all donations made with a Maika'i card will be matched by the Western Union Foundation and Foodland. Donations made without a Maika'i card will not be matched.
Click here for our Give Aloha Flyer for more information.
- At checkout, present your Maika'i card (or give your 10-digit number) and inform the cashier that you would like to make a donation to JAPAN-AMERICA SOCIETY OF HAWAII. If you do not have a Maika'i account, you may establish one by telling the cashier you would like to do so; you will need to give a unique 10-digit number (such as your phone number).
- Tell the cashier our organization's 5-digit code: 77966
- Tell the cashier how much you would like to donate. Your donation will be added to your grocery purchase total. You may donate up to $249 per organization (any amount in excess of $249 per organization will not be matched).
- Be sure the cashier reaffirms our organization's name and amount that you are donating.
- Any donation must be made payable to Foodland, Sack N Save or Foodland Farms.
- The name of our organization and the amount you donate will appear on your receipt.
- Donor names will not be released to our organization. If you would like us to know of your gift, please contact us directly so that we may properly acknowledge your gift.
- You may donate up to $249 per organization over the course of several store visits. You may make donations to more than one organization.
- Donations also tax deductible, so please save your store receipt for tax purposes. It will be the only record you will have of your donation. You make ask the cashier for a duplicate receipt.
Please click here for a list of frequently asked questions.
JASH's 2014 Annual Dinner is approaching, and we're excited for you to join us!
Bridge Award Honoree: Hawaiian Airlines
The JASH Bridge Award is bestowed annually to an individual or company for building bridges of understanding and friendship between Hawaii and Japan.
Invited Keynote Speaker: Admiral Harry B. Harris, Jr.
You can make a donation for our Annual Dinner below!